Followers

24 February 2007

Recovering from the Nashville sales

OK, I am not going stash shopping for a while. I have bought quite enough. I spent about $300 between ABC Stitch, Stitching Post, and Needlecraft Corner. And that is too much. So I have to put a moratorium on it. We are going to the Woodlawn show next week, and it will be a challenge to not spend money at In Stitches, but I am trying to learn to differentiate between want and need, and I don't NEED anything.

But I did make a positive change. I requested that Needlecraft Corner not use my Capital One card for when I place an order. Since I cut the card up, and was just using it for them and for Secret Needle Night, that means that I can pay it off. I realize that this does not have anything to do with cross stitch, but I am trying to make changes in my life. now if I order, it has to be paid for with my checking account, so it's a "real" expense now.

1 comment:

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

Oh boy, can I relate! Haven't charged in 6 mos., and those balances are coming down. Keep the faith.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls