Followers

04 February 2007

Superbowl Sunday

I am planning on getting off this computer and actually stitching this evening, as I have no interest in this game. Other than the commercials. which so far, the only one I liked was the one for Careerbuilder.

Anyway, as all stitchers will attest, the one thing that we look forward too as much as the commercials and the chili cheese dip on Superbowl Sunday was the Kickoff sale at the LNS. Mom and I went to Stitching Post. I rather think it shows i spend far too much time at that place that they know what I stitch, the whole staff knows my name, and everyone brightens up when I step up to the register. Though we did joke about getting a Platinum or Frequent Flyer bonus card. But I spent scads of money. I am now the owner of a fat half of navy blue 18 count aida. And a large piece of heatherfield, but I thought I could do Mom's bittersweet and baskets. I also bought 80 skeins of Anchor floss. All this for a Mary Hickmott design for New Stitches. But I am not going to start anything new til I finish Santa's Journey, Autumn Nap, and a couple of other projects. And make progress on some larger projects. I gotta be firm about this!

1 comment:

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

80 skeins?! That's a substantial investment. Good luck in being firm with your starts and finishes.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls