Followers

01 November 2007

Halloween Stitching

I got back from my nail appointment late last night, so didn't have to hand out candy to the trick or treaters. Instead, I settled down to watch TV, and attend the Sanman Halloween party. I had a blast at that. I watched the first hour of Ghosthunters live, which I don't know if I buy what they were experiencing. And I pulled out the Sanman ornament freebies and worked on them for a while. It was hard to get into, I have to say, but I was having such fun playing along.

I do have a story to tell from that board. One of the members said that she posts on another board and someone was rude enough to criticize Sandy's designs and say they were simple and that what she stitched was better because they were complicated. That is so pathetic. Why would someone do that? I don't get people. Of course the lady emailed Sandy about it, and when Sandy emailed the woman back, it was a bad address. The nerve . . .

But then again, you see that a lot. People seem to think that they are on another level if they do certain designers. Me, I stitch what I like, usually whimsical things, or things I find striking. I think a simple design offers so much potential, you can play with fabric to give it a special effect. One of my big winners at the fairs this summer was a Sanman freebie, and it was beautiful. I loved how the clean lines of the design played against the sparkly aida I chose; it made me remember how I used to lie under the Christmas tree in the dark and see the sparkle of the lights up through the tree. The more "complicated" designers have never designed something that gave me that memory.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Rachel

First of all, thank you so much for the very kind comment you left on my blog. I appreciate it more than you know.

I wish I knew what to say about people criticizing what others choose to stitch. I don't know where it comes from. Sometimes it's like being back in high school. It gets frustrating but I tend to stitch what I love and it could be anything from a Sanman Design, Lizzie Kate, Waxing Moon or a Teresa Wentzler or a Victoria Sampler. I have Christmas Village in the stash. It might even be all kitted up. Now I want to start that, thanks a lot! LOL

Pumpkin said...

I have to say I was HORRIFIED to read that on the SMO board :o( If you're going to be a critic, at least own up to your comments.

There seems to be that problem with Blogs lately and I think it's ridiculous. If everyone had the same taste, we wouldn't be unique individuals now would we?

You've got me going so I'm going to stitch :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls