Followers

10 November 2007

What not to do when tired

Cut threads in Hardanger.

I cut one of the threads of the bars this morning because I was on the phone til 11:30 last night, and didn't get to sleep til 1:30. Then I couldn't sleep.

So the obvious task I should have done, being utterly, completely tired, was to take an outrageously expensive pair of scissors, and cut fabric that has taken me a week to stitch. I snipped a thread on one of my bars. But, bless my little soul, I kept stitching. I will not fling that piece, nor do I have the patience to weave threads. I'll just fray check that sucker and hope no one notices. I realize my needleweaving tension is not good My bars are wide. I could have wrapped these threads, but, who cares. It's done.

And I've learned Monaco is not a good fabric for hardanger.

A comic once said sometimes your purpose in life is to be a lesson to others. I've found my purpose.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Oh no! Yes, Hardanger does rank up there with driving ;o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls