Followers

26 December 2007

Hope Everyone had a Happy Christmas

I had a wonderful one. No stitchy gifts, but that's OK! I was happy with what I got.

I do have to share this, as it really touched my heart. My BF wasn't sure if he wanted to come to my house to spend time with my family, because of the length of time we've been dating. He has been wanting a set of canisters for a while, but a nice set. Anyway, I told Mama he wanted them and she sent me to get him a set, the admonition being, "Don't spend too much." Well, I found a really nice set for a reasonable price, including a big flour bin. He said he didn't want to come over last night because he didn't have a gift for my parents. I said it didn't matter, because in the end, it doesn't matter. Christmas is about family, or "fambly". I wanted to have a night with the people I love around me. Anyway, I wish I could put into words how his eyes lit up when he opened that canister set. He said, "Someone must have told you that I wanted it." I told him it must have been a Christmas elf. I don't know, something about finding a present and granting a wish, however small it is, for someone you care about, and seeing joy, that to me was my favorite gift, not just for him, but for me too. My mom will not know how wonderful that gift was, but I do.

So that is that! OHHHH, and I found out that Stoney Creek is releasing a class kit from last year's (2006) CATS that I wanted to take. It's $115, so going to take a lot of budgeting (and probably a lot of no lunches) to afford, but I want it.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

No stitchy stuff here either :o( Drat!

What a thoughtful thing to do :o) How long have you been going out?

Oh? What kit????

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls