Followers

21 December 2007

I concede temporary defeat

I will not get the snowmen done for the holiday. But I am OK with that. I was setting a high goal for myself. I have too much to do over the next 4 days. I finished decorating the tree last night, and gathered together my presents to wrap, now I have to take them to SOs house and wrap. Then tomorrow is work (BTW, they extended the show another freaking week--I am all for success, just starting to think we are going to have this show forever, and I really do need some time off next month.) And Sunday, do the grocery shopping.


I have been pondering my goals for 2008. I do have some. My New Year's Day start is going to be the Stoney Creek Winter Bellpull. I've had the supplies for almost a year, and I saw this at CATS, so it's time to start it. I want to finish 10 UFOs and WIPs, and keep working on the 50 list. I want to finish the 50 list this year--this is asking a lot, but I can try.

Otherwise, stitchy related, but not stitching, I want to win Best of Show at the county fair. I found a really beautiful Hardanger design in the newest New Stitches, and I am going to try to get that done. It's a fall design of acorns, not HARD really. Hardanger looks a lot harder than it is, so this should be fun. I also want to get rid of the unwanted stash I have. Whatever I can't sell is going to be given away at the Sue Hillis GTG on Memorial Day Weekend. I can't have all this stuff. And, as part of my general financial redirection, I will cut down on the amount of stash I buy. I really do have a lot of stitching treasures that need to be done, and keeping adding to the pile lessens the chance of them getting done.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

As long as you're okay with it, that's all that matters :o)

Cut down on stash???? Are you sure ;o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls