Followers

13 June 2008

Another update on my stocking







Almost there! So close I can taste the finish. I just have to finish his name, the backstitch in the toe and put the beads on and we're done. Annnnd, it only costs $25 or so to have this finished. Woo hoo. Come on and happy dance with me!

I took a lot of stuff over to be framed at the LNS today. Julie, they LOVED the Enchanted Fabrics for Sheep on the Meadow. We did a good job picking. I found two or three great pre-made frames at decent prices, so we're using those. The sheep are getting a worn beaded frame, that matched them, and my beautiful New Birth of Spring is getting a frame that feels like a tree branch. AND a pretty mat. It wasn't too expensive for all of them to get done, $450, but it's a once a year thing, so not too bad.

I did pick up a couple charts. I was inspired by Native Texan to do Belle Fleurs by JBW, but I am doing it in MY floss. Wow, that's a kinda cool thing to say, I am doing something in floss I did. HMMMM. I mostly kitted up some charts though. I am stitching ONLY patriotic things until the 4th of July, so wanted to get started.

And I thought I would put a photo of my hand-dyed flosses. These aren't the best pics of them, but remember it was just 4 colors.

7 comments:

Natasha said...

Rachal,
The stocking is comming along great. I can not wait to see the finished results.
WOW YOUR floss is georgous! How did you go about dying it?
Natasha/Crafty5

~Julie~ said...

**Ooooh**--**Aaahhh**
Firstly, your stocking really is gorgeous, Rachel. I'm sure you're already feeling that ever-so-nice sense of accomplishment; I would be!!
Secondly----*THUD!*
...
...
YOUR FLOSS is totally awesome!!! I adore the colors you've used, and I can't wait to see the Fleur piece in your very own floss. That's SO neat! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm excited for you!

All that framing sounds great, too. Please be sure to post pictures when you get them back; will you? I'm glad they liked the fabby you used for Sheep on the Meadow. More importantly----I'm still *happy dancing* that you were able to find something great to stitch on it!

...more happy dancing for you!!...


~Julie~

LoriRay said...

Amazing, Rachel! I mean...the stocking, the floss...everything is amazing! You go, girl!

Daffycat said...

Oh my, the stocking is wonderful! This is such a pretty one on that dark fabric.

Wow! Your dyed floss is amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing it stitched with.

I think I like kitting projects almost as much as stash shopping.

Sue said...

The stocking looks wonderful. I love your threads, how do you dye them?

Pumpkin said...

Oh WOW! It's looking SO awesome!

Okay, HOW many pieces did you get framed? I'm hyperventilating here after seeing the cost. I'm hoping there are a few there.

Great stash! And your threads are SO cool! The colors are great :o)

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

Rachel, your stocking is going to be stunning - cannot wait !!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls