Followers

12 June 2008

I am not supposed to get this thing finished

I worked on my little stocking yesterday, worked on it at lunch, worked at my part time job, got home and realized I DID NOT HAVE THE MAGAZINE. I left it at my part time job. CRAP! Fortunately, I had another copy of the same issue (a stupid purchase at the time, but boy, am I glad I bought it now.) So I was working away diligently last night.

Pack it all up to bring to work to work at lunch, get here, go to take the supplies out to look at them, and realize I DO NOT HAVE THE WIP. (Insert Halloween theme here). I don't think that I've ever gotten so nauseated so quickly. So, I go to get out of my seat and walk down to my car to see if it's in there. It's not. I checked the trash can to see if I hadn't thrown it out when I threw out a bag of litter. YALL, I DUG IN THE TRASH TO TRY TO FIND THAT STOCKING. Some woman who was walking by gave me a look like, "Great, I knew you 7th floor people were wierd with your constant casual days, your high percentage of tattooed employees and your Subway in the elevator, this just proves it," but I kept going. I was NOT losing my stocking, not when I've come SO FAR and am so close. (She got off at the floor where the company who does financial planning is--they're a little wierd themselves, but I guess the stock market makes people wierd.) It wasn't in there. So I came upstairs and called my mom at home. Remember when my ugly little turkeys misplaced themselves and I found them that night lying in the street? I just had a horrid vision of my beautiful stocking suffering the same fate, and one of my neighbors RUNNING IT OVER and RUINING all my hard work. So I called my mom. She had to go check and see if it was in the house.

Of course it was. I was so relieved. And the reason I forgot to grab it up was because I got caught up in explaining to my mother she has to make sure I have matching shoes on in the morning, since I ran out yesterday with a loafer on one foot and a deck shoe on the other one. And didn't realize it til I was at work. . . . How embarrassing.

Anyway, I see a long stitching session ahead. S'OK. I can't work on it til tonight, but I have LHN Hearts of America in my desk to work on. (I realize this is a sickness that I have kitted up projects stashed all around, but whatcha goin do?)

4 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, what a horrible feeling to think you've lost a WIP. I was beginning to feel ill for you and I was reading your post. I'm so glad it was at home, phew ;)

Daffycat said...

Oh, I was so worried you actually lost that stocking!

ROFL and checking my feet; do my shoes match?

~Julie~ said...

Rachel!! Shame on you. You had my heart going about a mile a minute. lol I was freaking out. I had to skip to the END of your blogpost just to make sure you DID find the stocking--then I went back and read the middle. LOL It was like a suspense novel in the middle of a juicy chapter!!!! I'm so glad you found it though. =)

And..who cares if your shoes don't match? If anyone says anything, tell them you're just in the process of starting a new fashion trend. =D


~Julie~

Pumpkin said...

ROFL! OMG, you are too hilarious! Sorry to laugh because I can just imagine the state of panic you were in but you played it out just like a comedy :o) Glad it was safe and sound at home though. Phew!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls