Followers

07 June 2008

Spilled the beans, but not the whole pot

I was working on my stocking last night, and my SO kept looking over and asking questions about it. I could tell he was really interested, and I think he knew something was up because I was really coy with my answers. I know how wierd it is to handle surprises and not tell someone what's going on, and it can make them mad. I almost told my high school friends to go to Hell because they were doing that thing where they shut up and looked at me with that deer in the headlight look every time I came around. I knew they were talking about me, and it was not the best time to be talking about me, but they were doing it because they were planning my surprise graduation party from high school. I felt like such a wench, and I didn't want SO to think that something was up, though, what I could be doing that involved stitching, I don't know. So I told him I was stitching something for him, but couldn't show it to him cause it was a surprise. He seemed OK with that.

I can see the finish on this one. I just have the little bird and the anchor and a little bit of snow left to finish. I am going to go get the fabric to get it finished this week, so it's ready to go.
I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls