Followers

16 June 2008

The stocking is finished

See, over there on the side. It's done. No pix, cause the computer is on a trail ride in Pennsylvania, but I'll post before it goes to the finisher. I spent the greater part of Saturday finishing it. I hate beading, but for my SO, I'll do it.

I did decide that, after all that work, I wasn't stitching anything the rest of the day on Saturday. And I didn't. It was refreshing. I just sat and watched "Feasting on Asphalt" on the Food Network. I have to say, I don't like to watch Alton Brown's actual TV show, but I could watch a documentary on traveling the road and eating over and over. HMMMM, this could be why I am fat, especially since last week I was watching the hot dog documentary.


I did start LHN's Stars and Stripes yesterday. I had originally planned on putting this on a star-shaped box I had, but it's too big to fit, so I won't be doing that. My LNS had plenty of cute pre-made frames, so that won't be a problem. It's going pretty quick. I'm about half-way finished already, with about 6 hours work on it. Let me tell you, it's refreshing to have 7 colors to work with after having 70 for the stocking.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

WOOHOO! Congrats Rachel!!!! I can't wait to see a picture :o)

So what are you going to stitch next?

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls