Followers

06 February 2009

We have TUNES!

SO bought me a stereo for my sewing room for Christmas and I finally sat down last night and hooked it up. I love it! I had been sitting in there, singing to myself while I stitched, but that wasn't working out too well. This is a nice thing. And I even have a remote so that I don't even have to get up from the sofa.

My sewing room is a little disorganized right now. One of the closet doors broke, so it's leaning up against the wall. This is very annoying to me. SO thought the doors were really expensive to fix, but I went on Lowe's website, and they're maybe $60 for the doors, including the tracks, so I'll do more investigation on this, and get those fixed. I'm off on Monday, so I can go look.

I finally finished On Feathered Wings last night. I'm glad of that. It was a UFO for so long, two years. And the sad thing is, it didn't take that long to get it finished, once I actually sat down and worked on it. Maybe 3 weeks of focused effort, maybe a little more. And then I sat there and couldn't figure out what to work on next. That geisha needs finished. It is IMPERATIVE, but I don't know as I want her to be my next project. Though it would be nice to keep finishing UFOs. I have my Forever Friends bears to work on, too, but, til I have the floss that is what most of their color is, that's kind of a moot point. But I know I don't want to start anything new. After all, this is a month for finishing.



I would love to finish this design. I have the floss, I have the chart, I've seen the actual WIP somewhere in my stash in the last two or three years, but it's missing (I know, big surprise). I just have this ol' photo, from early 2007. This is actually kinda depressing, because it's on a really nice Silkweaver Solo. Where did I put this? Why did I not put it back in the envelope when I was done? I could just restitch it, but I hate that. I want THIS one back If y'all see it, please send it home. I miss it. I appreciate it. I'll finish it.

4 comments:

kimstitch3 said...

I"m glad hon to see things are looking up for your baby. Everything will work out in the end. I plan on getting my stuff framed like you suggested. I have about 15 pieces in ziplock bags sitting in my drawer waiting to be finished(framed) I have some I did over 2 yrs ago, I know, it is sad, but framing is sooo expensive. I hope you have a great weekend. Stay warm,hugs, Kimberly

LoriRay said...

Aw man, I hope you find it. Hate it when that happens!

And, just in case...*gentle puppy pats* for Chancey. :)

Raggedystitcher said...

HI Rachel!

Just stopping in to say hello.
I know what you mean about misplacing things..I do it all the time. I am not very organized myself!

thinking of you!
Louise in NC

Pumpkin said...

So what's the name of this piece???? Can't wait to see a picture of On Feathered Wings :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls