Followers

24 February 2010

Another must have!

Look at this!


I'm trying to cut back on the frivolous acquisitions. But this is gorgeous. We're lighthouse people. Not that we need another essentially useless little thing (really, what does one do with a biscornu if you don't have pins to stick in it?) sitting around the house, but I've noticed that things become less "useless" if emblazoned with a lighthouse. Just like they're less useless with a patriotic sheep on them. This is life.


I don't know if I'd put those fish threadkeeper things on. I realize I don't see well, but they look like bowling pins to me. Yes, I sat there and wondered to myself what in the heck bowling pins had to do with lighthouses, only to hear they were fish.

In other news, Betsy now has a head. The sheep is starting to get a body. I am more pleased by the sheep development because I thought I had misplaced that skein of floss. It fell out of the bag this morning, and I was DEEE-lighted. I won't reach my goal of having her finished by the end of the month, but oh, well. I will try to work on her Sunday, but I have to bathe the twins, always a fun time when you have two small smart dogs. After all, the one who isn't getting bathed just spends the time standing there in the bathroom, staring at his or her sibling, trying to lick them dry and probably mocking them. And the bathe-ee probably wonders why they have to suffer the . . . indignation . . . of cleanliness while the other one doesn't, even if they were the one just mocking the offending sibling. So, I'm going to bathe them together. That way, it's fair, and they can commiserate about their baths together.

2 comments:

Annie said...

That biscornu looks more like the size of a sofa cushion rather than a pin cushion. But it is pretty.

Lainey said...

Wow that is a big biscornu! Pretty design.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls