Followers

01 February 2010

I'm going to haunt the mailbox

Thank you for all your nice comments about my idea for the ring pillow. I think it's going to be really pretty when it's finished, so I bit the bullet and ordered the supplies. Technically, other than the deposit for the reception venue, which I took over on Wednesday, so, barring major disasters, I know where I'll be busy doing the Electric Slide on a Saturday in October, this is the first money that we have spent on this wedding. I'm doing M Designs' Celtic H on Antique White linen in either GAST Morning Glory or Cornflower, whichever is closer to the blue I chose. I have to look at the dyelot and see. I have to tweak it just a little to make it perfectly square, but I got it covered. Now to just wait til it gets here.


Yesterday was a so so day. I worked at the theatre, then went over to my mom's to celebrate her birthday, which we had been planning on doing Saturday til it started to snow. HTB and I got her Julie and Julia and an ice cream cake, so she was in birthday happiness. Robbie was most impressed with his grandmother's cake; he made sure to ask for a tiny taste. His mean ol Grammy didn't give him any of hers, claiming dogs don't need ice cream; I told her this was why he didn't buy her a present and gave him some of mine. I know the deal. I put the movie on for her, and decided then and there that we're buying her a new VCR for Mother's Day--hers is yucky, and she spent the whole movie watching closed captioning, which I couldn't get to come off. Robbie jumped up on the couch and was watching along with her; it was a movie about eating and not to be missed.

I unearthed a treasure trove of DVDs I left at the house, so I gathered those up and took them home with me. Apparently, while residing at that house, I was quite the Nicole Kidman fan, because I brought home Cold Mountain, the Others and the Hours (which I can't believe I spent money on). I love Cold Mountain, but it's very raw, and I don't see Nicole Kidman as the female lead, so hard for me to watch. But I brought everything home, including my Disney movies and the silly ones. We watched the Others last night while I stitched. It's been forever since I saw that movie, and HTB hadn't seen it since it came out, so it was a good movie for us to watch. And I managed to stay awake through the entire thing, truly an accomplishment!

I am working on the second ornament in my LHN SAL, Pear Tree. I started it in traffic on Saturday because I left the Fa La La chart at work. It's making up pretty quick, and I have some pretty fabric I can use to back it. I'll try to post a pic of the progress on both tonight, depending on what needs to be done. I am trying to keep to my vow to use this month to finish stitching things. I hope to have both of the ornaments I am working on finished by the end of the week, and then get Betsy finished this month. I'm hopeful. Maybe next weekend, I'll have ample stitching time.

2 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What's not to love about ice cream cake? The Hours was one of the worst, most depressing movies I've ever watched. My gal pals and I went to see it and it was all I could do not to walk out of the theatre. Plus, I couldn't stop staring at Nicole's nose....

Julie and Julia is a fun movie and one I've added to my collection.

Pumpkin said...

I LOVE Cold Mountain!!!! Jude Law...yum :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls