Followers

10 July 2008

7 deadly sins, stolen from Libertybelle's blog

1. LUST: Besides your current Significant Other who do you lust for or have you lusted for? My dentist. He is so cute and has the most gorgeous blue-green eyes. And a guy I liked in college named Rob. He never looked at me like anything, but he was adorable. Adorable

2. GLUTTONY: What food brings out your inner glutton?
king crab legs, caramels, a lovely rare steak, BLTs

3. GREED: What are you greedy for? I would love to have a house near the water.

4. SLOTH: What is your plan for an ideal day of sloth? I don't know, I haven't had a day of sloth in so long. I think any day where I spend the whole day in bed, watching TV, and sleeping, is a good day.

5. WRATH: Describe a time that you let out a can of whoop ass on someone.
I got in a very minor car accident, and my insurance company was supposed to help me out. I put in a claim and two months later, they had still not sent me my check, filed the paperwork, and were calling with questions. It had been so bad that I asked to have the claim cancelled and the rep talked me back into keeping it open. And then I got no check. She called again with a question and I went off. I left a message for her supervisor, he didn't call me back, then I called and told his secretary or assistant that I would sit on line til he came on the phone. And then it was on. I went up and over him and back around about this claim. I told him that it was pretty simple to figure out what happened, I had sent paperwork, and I had no idea why the rep or whatever she was had more questions. I told him it had been whatever number of days that it was since the accident and their commercials said they cut a check the day they came out to look at the car, which they had done at the garage the day it happened. He told me she was a new adjuster, and that she had been in training for a lot of the intervening time. I told him that if she needed that much training, perhaps she shouldn't be handling claims yet. I told him I got the car fixed the week it happened, and that I had to borrow money from my parents and it was pretty crappy to have to do that when I paid for full coverage on a 15 year old car, and that they were making way more money off me in premiums than I would ever get in a claim (this was true, I drove a hoopty, but had been getting in accidents). We came to an agreement.
6. ENVY: Who or what do you envy? Why?
People with pretty teeth. I have horrible teeth (but just for 12 more days-holla!), and I always feel like I would be really pretty if I just had better teeth.
7. PRIDE: Have you ever had to swallow your pride? What are you proud of?
All the time. I've had to ask for old jobs back. And it's OK to be that way.
I'm most proud of the fact that when bad things happened to me (and there have been times when some shit hit the fan and spattered. Sorry to curse, but that was how it happened), I never used them as an excuse. I just kept going, even when it took all my strength to do so. I spent a lot of time faking it, a few times when I had epic meltdowns, but I made it through. And I am stronger for it. Now when something happens, it's more like, "Whatever, I'll get through it."

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls