Followers

11 July 2008

Not very foolish this Friday

Not much is going on around here. I'm off on Monday, so looking forward to that. I found out they are taking entries for a small local show in Laurel, at Montpelier Mansion this weekend. I exhibited there 6 years ago and enjoyed it. Their only rule is that you can't have shown the entry before. That's fine. And at $5 per item, it's not too expensive to enter.

I will say, I am just plum worn out. I'm not sleeping well, and have been stressed all week over silly things. Maybe not so silly, though. I guess if they were silly I wouldn't be up over it. Anyway . . . I had to work at my part time job last night. And that can be such a drain. There are some really rude people on our subscriber list. And I realized, listening to someone scream about a problem you can't fix, and criticism of your organization, is tiring. I always try to not lose my temper in public, because it just looks absolutely stupid to pitch a hissyfit. And I look ugly when I cry, LOL.

At least I only work 4 hours tomorrow. I can go to the gym on the way home to decompress. SO wonders why I only go to the gym when I'm mad. It's a good question, but I guess my answer would be I do a lot of thinking at the gym, and if I don't have something to think about, I get to thinking about walking in the same place for 40 minutes, or touching equipment other sweaty people touched and may or may not have wiped down, and well, that bothers me. They say cardio is good for you, but it just brings out that part of me that worries about things no one else thinks about.

But Monday, I plan on relaxing. I will be back at Joanne's ETC, getting fabric, and my LNS is having a Christmas in July sale. I am going to buy those Lizzie Kate Flip-its and some fabric to do a Pam Kellogg ornament that's been kicking around my house and needs finished.

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I'm finding that I'm the same way lately. Stess = no sleep = sick :o( Hopefully it gets better for you soon.

Are you going to take some entries? We never have to pay to put a piece IN the fair. I've never heard of that.

Have fun on Monday! Going stash shopping always makes for a good day :o)

Mindy said...

I'm glad you're relaxing on Monday. I used to work two jobs for quite a while, sometimes putting in 80+ hours a week and not having a whole day off for weeks at a time. It's exhausting!

I also have problems sleeping when I have a lot of stress in my life. I lie there getting more and more frustrated about the fact that I can't sleep because of all I have on my mind, and it just bothers me more. I hope Monday will help and that you'll be able to sleep better.

I also find humidity hurts my sleeping through the night because I tend to have achy joints and it makes it difficult for me to get comfortable. Not sure if that is an issue for me, but sometimes a Tylenol PM helps me. I don't take one unless I really feel I should, but when I do it really helps.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls