Followers

01 July 2008

Happy July!

The year is half over. How's your 2008 so far?

I finished my primitive elephant last night. He's really cute and I'm really happy with him. I'll figure out how to get him and the donkey finished this week. So I decided to go all out and start something new. I pulled Miribilia's Blossom Harvest from my to-do pile (or at least one of them), and started her.

So far, she's not been too bad. I am a little bit stymied by the beading. I don't know if I should bead as I go, or save it all up to do at the last. Both have their advantages, both have their disadvantages. And of course I didn't buy any of the beads--I kitted this up while I was temping, and I didn't have money for beads or treasures. Maybe I'll have it soon. I don't know. But I am trying to go without beads for now. She's very pretty, and I chose Water Lily linen to stitch her on, a soft green. Hopefully she won't take too long.

I also started a design from the Gift of Stitching magazine. It's from an old issue, the November one. It's a design made of eyelets. I figured that was enough of a change from little x's to keep me interested. I'm not very far, but I like it so far. I didn't use the colors they called for in the magazine, aqua and chocolate. I chose grey blues and grey browns. I like how those look together, so this should be pretty and personal. I don't know where I'll use it, but that is a side issue.

I found this blog on my inter-Internet ramblings. It's got lots of cute photos:
http://www.cuteoverload.com/

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

It sounds like you're getting a lot of stitching time! Doncha love new starts??? Even if you don't actually start stitching, just kitting one up is exciting!

Pumpkin said...

I have Blossom Harvest all kitted up and ready to go. Now that you've reminded me, I really want to stitch her now. Argh!

I caved and starting a little project the other day. I needed some time away from the beading.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls