Followers

28 July 2008

Can't post photos for now.

It's a hardware issue.

The hardware moved up the street to my parents' rental house, and I am not going up there to borrow it (it's my brother's, and he's in Houston for work this week, and I don't like his girlfriend, so I am not going up there to use the computer. NO WAY)

I am planning on getting a camera really soon, or at least getting myself a work-around--at this point, even getting a disposable camera and having photos put on a disk would work better than what I got, LOL.

So I will post soon. Trust me, this bums me out a lot. But I want to pay cash for that new camera and my budget just isn't working for a camera. But I am working on the computer--Dell is having their back to school specials, so I might could afford one.

Anyway, I spent all day yesterday fighting Midsummer Night Designs Medieval Mermaid. I was doing a lot more frogging than stitching. That really sucks on 22 count with silk threads. I must be getting old because I just can't count on that tiny fabric, and the chart is really small. I am gonna blow that thing up or I will never get this done. And it made it worse that one of my co-workers spent the whole work day TALKING. She was trying to tell me how to do the job. I almost (caught myself just in time) told her that I was selling tickets for that theatre when she was 9 and I don't need help. I think she ticked off the manager because we were trying to close and she was socializing with the house assistants and the manager had to do her job.

So it was a joy and a pleasure to come home and find my order from 123 had come. I bought the specialty stuff to do the Halloween Fairy from Nora Corbett--it wasn't too expensive. 6 packs of beads, 5 braids, and a piece of olive green cashel linen. I am really super pleased with my linen. I was a little doubtful from the picture online, but it's a really, umm, buttery green. And it works well with the rich browns in the floss. I actually regretted oversleeping this morning because I couldn't stitch on it, and I NEVER regret sleeping. EVER. Hee hee. Actually, I am really happy that a piece is thrilling me like this. I haven't been excited lately. I guess it's just part of getting ready for the fair--this is the time of year when I realize I didn't get as much accomplished as I wanted, and I am worried about what isn't in my hot little hands, and there is still so much to get accomplished in the next week or so. I have the 6th through the 8th off from work, but I also have my second dental appointment on the same day I have to drop off, and SO's mom's birthday is the 8th, so I have to get her a present and get my hair done that day too. But I will get it done. I am good at working in a crisis.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Dell has some great deals and I like their service.

My supplies for the Halloween Fairy are on their way to me :o) Woohoo! I can't wait. I haven't decided on the material yet though.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls