I think I have made it clear I am a hot mess when it comes to keeping track of things. I've managed to lose my RR. The one I was supposed to be sending out last week. Oops! At least it's mine and not someone else's. Thank God for that.
Anyway, rather than start over, I realized that the project I would most love to have a RR done as is my Diane Graebner cat afghan. I finished the one square last week and I like how it looks. I thought the small kitty motifs from Kitty's Day Out would make the perfect RR, not too strenuous for anyone to stitch, very cute! My RR group said it was OK, even though they haven't stitched on an afghan before. I told them it's not hard and I will even send my qsnaps along to make it easier. I don't stitch afghans on hoops--pulls the threads funny, I've found--and q-snaps are perfect. So that should help them.
I also decided that I am stitching Julia Lucas' ornament from last year's ornie issue as my entry for the fair in the ornament category. I think it's pretty, it needs to be finished, and i think that it will show some skill in that it uses metallics and beading. Since the judges didn't think the dragon ornament I did last year deserved first place, I have decided to not go with the fantasy theme this year, probably safer. I figure the house ought to do well, and it's another bride's tree ornament finish and I need to get back on track with those. And I had an inspiration for an ornament for Brea, but I won't share that til it's done.
My Santa's Journey afghan is on it's way to me, priority mail. I am so tickled. It has to be washed and fringed, but that's OK. I can handle that. It's backed and ready to go! I can't wait to see it. Can't wait to enter it in the fair.