Followers

19 March 2009

I was gooed, y'all

Not much happening stitching wise. I am coming down with a head cold. It makes it hard for me to concentrate on things. I'm not sick, but I'm not well. I wear a nose strip at night because I gasp snore, and the stupid things don't stick well (yet still manage to leave a goo that doesn't come off unless you scrub really hard, even toner doesn't take it off). This morning, I realized the thing wasn't on my nose, but I figured it was stuck on the bed, so I went about my merry, bleary way, let the dogs out, went to brush my teeth. I found the strip, y'all. In. My. Hair. Right at my temple. And shockingly, non-gooey. It makes no sense.

So, pleased at my gooless start to the day and happy that my headcold has still not totally manifested itself (I don't function well when I am really sick), I finished getting ready for work. I headed outside to talk to the boys. They look forward to our morning, stepmother to step-furbaby talk; so do I. They insist they will do their best to take care of their daddy when he's home and they're in charge. And that they love me, that I am fascinating, and kind, and beautiful (they flatter). I tell them they are the best boys, and the nicest pittybulls ever (I flatter too). Anyway, I get my kisses, I give them pets, and get the same back. One swipes me across the arm.

That darn Shocka . . . He was outside 10 minutes, 15 minutes ar most. He has a slight drool issue. OK, maybe not slight. Maybe . . . the dog drools like a faucet. His brother does not. But it should take at least a half hour for the drool spigot to start working, right? Apparently, not so, because, after I get to work, and am in sunlight, I look at my left arm, the one he swiped his mouth across, and I see a line of dried GOO across my sleeve. And, as if to add insult to injury, there was a piece of chewed grass STUCK to my shirt. I always tell SO we have a pig and a cow. The pig is Beazer because he snorts like a pig, and the cow is Shocka because he is black and white, has big soft eyes. So was he trying to be a cow by eating grass? Crazy dog . . .

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

My big dog is a drooler too. After he has been playing with the dachshund, the little doxie is slimed in several places and I have to wash him off...LOL

Annie said...

I've always wondered whether those strips worked to control snoring. I was thinking of trying them during allergy season to see if they helped with breathing in general at night. Glad I got the 'goo' warning from you!

CindyMae said...

You just gotta love them furbabies!!! I adore mine, even when I show up to work with a huge mud paw print right on my rear end and did not even know it until my boss pointed it out! LOL

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

Glad you survived! Your post is a stitch, as always!

Lori said...

At least he isn't eating bigger things... like rocks! LOL.

Eeeewww... sound like you had a very gooey day. Get better soon.

Siobhán said...

ROFLOL at the goo story... slightly grossed out but it's amazing what one will do for the love of their animal(s)!! ;) LOL at the strip in your hair, too. Hey, at least you found it before you went out, right?! LOL Hope you're feeling better!

Suzanne said...

Hey...I gave you an award! See my blog for details...

Pumpkin said...

I hope you feel better. I'm fighting off one and I think I'm winning for once :oD

LOL! Our dogs love to graze. It's crazy. Luckily they don't drool :oP

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls