Followers

25 March 2009

Why there are no photos

I know I promised photos. Life interferes.


What I learned this week:

a)If you hit a pothole, even if you are in the boondocks, or what passes for boondocks in Montgomery County, Maryland, and your car makes a noise, pull over.

b) The boondocks of Montgomery County don't have a lot of places to pull over.

c) The brake warning light on a Pontiac Vibe will come on if you have a flat tire. Why they don't call it the "Oh, Crap" light is beyond me.

d) Just because a Pontiac Vibe tire doesn't look flat, doesn't mean it's not flat.

e) If you bend your rim because the tire doesn't look flat, and there's no place to pull over, be warned. There are no replacement factory rims for a 2009 Pontiac Vibe in the entire United States of America. Seriously. The warehouse is in Canada.

f) A rim can be overnighted from Canada much quicker than the postal service can get a certified mail envelope off the truck and back in the post office so you can pick it up.

g) If you get a feeling that you shouldn't get out of bed, listen to it.

This is what I have been dealing with for the last two days. My mechanic didn't want me rolling on the donut back and forth til he got the wheel (from Canada! Not even the dealer had one!), so I had to stay at Mom's Monday night and drive her car. Last night, I had to drive to her house, pick her up, and go get my car. And when I am super-super-stressed, as hitting a pothole and bending a rim, then having to worry that my rim wouldn't make it through customs is wont to make me, I don't eat, so it hit 6:30 last night, and I realized I was starving. So I went to get Chinese food on the way home. Being stressed and hungry tires a girl out, so I was not posting pics last night. At least my car is back, and it doesn't seem to have lasting damage. SO said it was a rough month for that car. I agree. Though I just realized, this is a strong argument for my workshop. If my commute is just through the backyard, no worry about deer or potholes, and it would be a very green commute! Hmmm . . .

Anyway, I am off tomorrow to take my mom in for a procedure. I am staying with her again tonight, because she has to be there so early. I packed plenty of stuff to work on while she's getting it done, because I'm almost done with the ornament I'm working on, and I would seriously hate to finish it and then have to sit there, staring at the wall for a couple hours.

The ornament is for an ornament exchange I am in with my friend Patty. She likes teacups. This ornie is really small, I was surprised, because usually they're much larger than normal Christmas ornies. I am doing it on 18 count something, versus 32 count, but that's not that much smaller. But I like it, it's sweet, and I am definitely stitching this for myself. Since she likes teacups, I thought it would be supercute to find a pretty older teacup from the thrift store, and then put the ornie and some fancy teas from Teavana in there, with a tea ball. It would feel more like a gift that way.

6 comments:

CindyMae said...

All I could think when I started reading this post is "Oh No, it don't sound to good"! I am so sorry that you have had such a hard time the last couple days! Hopefully it will get better and you will enjoy your day off!

CindyMae said...

Oh and I hope and pray that all goes well with your mom!!!

Bette said...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with car issues. Those are no fun at all.

Pumpkin said...

Oh no! That sounds like a day in the life of Pumpkin. Good to know I'm not the only one that has one of these :oS Oye! Maybe I could have driven the rim down to you ;o)

Lori said...

Can't you just fit a wagon wheel on until the part comes in?!! (kidding)

Maybe I live next door to the factory here in Canada and I can just push one over to ya! LOL. :o)

Hope your Mom'd appointment goes well.

Siobhán said...

Oy. I hate car issues. Love cars, hate the issues. Last week I went to take the kids to school & it looked like I had a flat tire on the back of the car. I called DH, he came home to put the spare on, and, umm, it wasn't flat. Just low. Ahem. He was not amused. He got the tire pumped up but on Monday it was low again, so I had it replaced. Urgh. Get some stitching time in, it'll help ease the stress!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls