Followers

28 March 2009

Rainy and boring

That pretty much sums up my day today.

I am at work til 8. I was so bored I made Robbie a Facebook page. If you are of a mind, and don't mind having a cute little Schipperke as a Facebook friend, add him. His name is Robin Spory (Robin is his official, in trouble, name). I figured it was legal, I mean that is his "real" name and he is a real entity. He's just a dog. I am off tomorrow, and am so thankful for it. I don't have much planned. Supposed to have isolated thunderstorms. And I am fixing us dinner, using the new chopper Mom bought us, because I was whining about having to chop onions. Small things delight me.


We went to Goodwill yesterday at lunch. I was searching for the teacup I need for my exchange. I was hoping I could find a matching cup and saucer, but of course, that was not happening at Goodwill. I found a snack plate that coordinates with the cup, so I think it looks good. I'll put a package of nice ginger cookies in there, with her tea and her ornament. Total cost? $2.58. A bargain at twice the price!

I also found something to heat my water in for my dyeing. They had a bunch of coffeemakers, really nice ones. Krups, things like that. I decided it would be a waste of the coffeemaker to use something so nice to heat water, so I ended up with a hotpot. I think it will work just as well, and less to break, not having the glass coffee carafe. That was $4.

And I got two small ramekin things in blue pottery. They look like Fiestaware, but they're not. I figured we could put jellybeans or Easter candy in them til after the holiday, then put some candles in them. They would probably be fine outside over the summer and just would make it prettier out there. And they were 59 cents each. I felt cute and shabby chic.

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

You found some great bargains this week too!

CindyMae said...

Sounds like you found some great bargins! I love them great buys!!

Meari said...

Don'tcha just love Goodwill?! LOL Be happy with the rain you got... We got SNOW and freezing rain! Thankfully, it's all gone now.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls