Followers

24 March 2010

Almost there

I am finally done all the backstitch on the humbug.

I just have to do the long surrounding backstitch, and sew it together.

I'm so ready to have this finished.

I decided to use some lovely purple overdyed ribbon I got in a detritus bag from Vikki Clayton for the hanger. It matches the colors of the lavendar pretty well, and I got a lot of it, so I think this is a good way to start using it up.

I haven't picked my next project yet, but I think it's going to be a freebie. I've slacked this entire month and not stitched on a single free chart. BOOGER. But, realistically, March has not been the best of months for me, and so, I'm not being too hard on myself.

This is a big day wedding planning-wise. I have to drop off our documents showing our intent to marry tonight. I did laugh a little; I had to fill out if I was a maiden or widow. Well, I'm not a widow, but I haven't felt like a maiden in, sheesh, 10 years. I think I pretty much graduated from college and fell into a matronly life. And I did laugh a bit that we had to put our parents' names on there, even though he's 41 and I'm 33; it felt vaguely like filling out those yellow cards from school, but I did it. I figured our children's children's children might need that info to track us down one day. I justify a lot of things these days that way. I don't know if it's good, but it works for us.

2 comments:

wot said...

I hope March will improve rapidly for you. I cannot wait to see what you're stitching next.
I have tagged you for an award on my blog, please see http://jadestitch.blogspot.com/

Bette said...

Fells good to have the backstitching done, doesn't it? Can't wait to see it finished. BTW, I've given you an award on my blog if you'd like to check it out.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls