Followers

29 March 2010

An update

It was a crazy busy exhausting weekend for us. We were running all weekend--he had to get the camper inspected, and I had work on Saturday, then a family party on Saturday night. Yesterday, he went dirt bike racing, and I went to church. The early service. I had some errands afterwards, so didn't get home til noon, and then it was time for a nap. LOL. Of course I didn't get to the quilt store, but I figured it's probably for the best. I have enough fabric for right now.

I did get some stitching done on my "One Flag Over Gussie." It's actually almost finished. I think it's so cute. I messed with it a bit. The kitty was supposed to be done in one strand with black whiskers. I changed him to two strands so he stands out a bit better. And his whiskers are white, since Gussie doesn't have black whiskers. I think I'll be done with this by this evening. It's been a fun fast stitch.




And I finished my humbug. I didn't fill it with lavendar. I used maybe a teaspoon full; a little goes a long way and that was enough to scent it nicely. I hung it on the closet door when I was finished, and I could smell it all night. I am really pleased with the way the ribbon looks on it; it matches the lavendar perfectly! It took a bit of fiddling to get it finished. Mostly my fault. I clipped the corners too close, and this is a finish that does not tolerate that. But it wasn't a bad technique. I think it took me maybe an hour start to finish.I will definitely be making more of these. It was a nice finish.

7 comments:

Annie said...

What a sweet humbug! They are a bit fiddly like all these little 3-D finishes, but so worth the effort!

riona said...

Your humbug is really quite lovely ... a three sided pyramid, right? From the picture, you'd never guess you found it "fiddly" ... looks perfect to me.

valerie said...

Congrats on your humbug finish...it looks great!

Lainey said...

Your humbug is very pretty Rachel.

Daffycat said...

The humbug is beautiful! I think I can smell it from here...ahhhh!

mbroider said...

Your humbug looks great!! And it does not look fiddly to me:)

Pumpkin said...

Your humbug looks incredible!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls