Followers

02 June 2010

Finish and a WIP

I finished Christmas Cardinal last week. I still have to wash and mount it. It was a pretty fun stitch. (I still am not a fan of the beads. HTB can have ownership of those)


My start on the kit from the Stitch-In. The verse will say, "I cannot count my day complete, til needle, floss and fabric meet." It's stitched using Sullivan floss. It's not so bad to use so far. It feels a bit thinner than DMC, and doesn't have the same je ne sais quoi, but, all in all, it's OK. That said, I won't deliberately go out and buy Sullivan floss unless the chart calls for it, but Sue has said she is looking for alternatives to DMC, so she'll use it more.




Julie asked how we handled the unfinished finishes at the GTG to keep them from walking off. A lot of people were around the tables and we all kinda watched. You know who owns things. And I don't think we would have sat back and let someone walk off with someone else's work. Most of the women I was there with I trust to do the right thing--I've known them long enough to leave them unsupervised with my stuff. Maybe that's dumb, but, at some point, you have to give people credit.

10 comments:

Nick said...

The ornament looks wonderful! The WIP looks great as well, I love the verse in the pattern, it's cute and it rhymes, so how could I not? lol

Julie M said...

Cute start!

Thanks for answering the question. I used to think stitchers as a whole were really some of the nicest people around and would never have expected one of them to swipe something from the shop, especially one of our regulars but that's exactly what happened. They took a brand spanking new pink Ott light from out of the office. Still don't know who did it. I'm a little less trusting because of it.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Beautiful cardinal finish and great new start!

Natasha said...

I love that finish. It looks great. I know what you mean about the beads. I can usually do about 10 and then I am like " I am over it"

I am glad you had such fun at the GTG. I would love to go to one of those one day. For now I am happy with my local stitching group, which I am thankful to have.

How are the wedding plans coming. What date is this wonderful event taking place? I will have to add it to my list of special events.

Take Care girl

Annie said...

The cardinal is gorgous! Great job!

Kathy A. said...

Love, love love that cardinal. He is so bright and cheery

Bette said...

The cardinal is beautiful and your new start looks very sweet.

Carol said...

Beautiful cardinal, Rachel--I actually like the beads on the wreath quite a lot...

Love the saying on your new start--will look forward to seeing it completed :)

Meari said...

I never thought about someone walking off with someone else's work at a retreat. You're right, though, we all pretty much know whose work is whose. Something to consider, though.

Your ornament turned out fabulous. I really like it! Your WIP looks good, too.

Pumpkin said...

I think your cardinal is stunning! I'm with HTB, I like the beads too :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls