Followers

01 June 2010

Updated Sleepy Hollow

Quick post, to show the progress of Sleepy Hollow since the last time.

This was the last post where I made any real progress on it. Back from Halloween. I was focusing on Icabod's horse that day.



I decided to bite the bullet and work on the rest of the angel. I finished that and the wording this weekend. Sleepy Hollow is stitched in glow in the dark floss--it was a delicious thrill to take this into the bathroom Sunday and be able to read the words and see the crown glowing. Her eyes don't glow as much as I'd like, but oh, well. The panel is mostly finished--all I have to do is finish the trees on the right, do some back stitch and a few confetti stitches, and the center panel is done. I should be able to finish this by the end of the week. It's just a pain to keep untwisting the Weeks. I washed it before starting to get the excess dye out and it's a bit unruly now. But it's a fun stitch. I will be doing my Halloween project this year, only it will be a freebie, and, unlike this, hopefully, I'll finish it.

10 comments:

kimstitch3 said...

looking great Rachel

Nick said...

Wow, I love it, it looks great! I bet the glow-in-the-dark is awesome. I am a huge fan of the Legend of Sleepy Hallow so I will be adding this to my chart wish list for sure! lol

Vicky said...

Looking Good Rachel. I have the headless horseman to start next.

Bette said...

What a fun design! So cute for Halloween.

Valerie said...

That is fantastic!! Such a neat design & it looks great stitched up.

Lainey said...

It looks fab Rachel!

Kathy A. said...

Gorgeous Rachel - just wonderful! I love the fabric and how it's coming together.

Carol said...

Oh, that is so cute, Rachel--perfect choice of fabric, too. Can't wait to see it all finished up :)

Julie M said...

Great progress Rachel! Is the glo thread difficult to work with? I've not had a reason to try it.

Meari said...

Love the fabric you chose for SH. Looks great.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls