Followers

09 June 2010

Sooo close

I am two rows, maybe 20 stitches all together, from being done with the stitching on the trees on that center section of Sleepy Hollow. After that, I just have the backstitching on the angel's wings and a couple random stitches and that center section is DONE! I am doing the side sections too, but I can not foresee them taking almost three years, like this part did.

One good thing that's come of this that I hadn't considered is that I finally know what kind of linen I like to work on. Cashel! Linen and I have a running battle. I like the look, but hate that I always end up buying linen that has a really open weave. The threads show through from the back, and the fabric just feels thin and scanty. I have bought quite a lot over the years as part of my LNS's pre-packaged cuts, and it irritates the crap out of me to come on it when I open the package--maybe this is why I always lean more to evenweave and aida. You know what you're getting, and they're sturdy! But I realized at the GTG that this Cashel is denser and I like working on it.

I'm hopeful this is true of all Cashels. If it is, I am using it from now on.


Updated: I finished the stitching on the trees! Just the backstitch to do and that confetti stitching and it can go on the sidebar here as a finish, and the stitched piece put in the "to be finished" box! Woo hoo.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

This is awesome! It took three years? Really?

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls