The first two weeks of January are over, and, as the title states, this is what I have to show for it. I had to put down both my Day 14 and Day 15 starts after not much progress on them. The Schipperke start is not that hard, but I am using 18 count fabric, and I need two strands to keep the denseness of the fur, and my size 28 needle is too thick. I'm going to have to search and see if there is a petite needle somewhere in my stash that I use, but I haven't had time to look. The cat start for yesterday is on Wichelt linen and I hate that stuff. I love the color and will use it up, but I don't have to like it. So I've put them aside. I wanted to work on my Nuisance of Cats, and I brought it down to work on at the theatre, but I left it at Mom's this morning. She's bringing it out to me, but it bums me to lose any time. I'd like to get that finished today.
I did finally manage a finish this weekend. I don't think it's ever taken me 14 days to get my first finish for the year, but I finished Santa's Bunnies on Friday evening. I still have to decide on the final color for the trim, but I have the finisher lined up, and I'm excited to send it off. I will take a picture before I send it.
My WIP is not a new one. I started "The Ice Dragon's Kingdom", by Dragon Dreams last New Year's Day. By started, I mean I put in about 20 stitches, packed it up in the sewing kit I had, and then promptly neglected it for over a year. Riona mentioned that she wanted to do it as one of her starts for the 15 Challenge, and so she and I are doing an informal SAL. I decided I really didn't want to put off working on this any longer, so, Friday night, we ordered some Chinese food, popped in "The Town," with Ben Affleck, and I stitched. Divine orange chicken, fantastic movie, easily one of Affleck's best movies, and 2 hours to stitch. I made some progress on the castle. Somehow, though, I managed to split a thread and there is a small hole in my fabric. I don't know how it happened, but I'm crossing my fingers. I don't want to waste the fabric, nor do I want to buy another piece of it. As best I can tell, it's in an area that will be stitched over, so I did my best to repair it by weaving another thread in through the hole. I'm hopeful that the hole will be undetectable when everything is done. If not, it's a small glitch and will add to the character of Icy's Kingdom.
I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to handle the rest of the year, now that I have all these new starts to go along with the 30 or so other WIPs and UFOs I have in the box. I've kinda decided that I'm going to focus on reducing the projects I've started. Soooo, my rule for myself is that, other than projects for the same SALs I was in last year, I can only start a new project when I finish an existing WIP or UFO. I know I've put a lot on my plate this year with the projects that I started as part of the challenge and I'm making an effort to get some order into my life, so this just makes more sense to me than to not have a little bit of structure. But I reserve the right to change the plan as I see fit, LOL.
I'll try to add in photos as soon as I can.