Followers

06 January 2011

R is for . . .

Reindeer boy


I started Miss Mitchell's First Grade Christmas pageant yesterday on some ivory aida I had in stash. I liked working on it so much that I worked on it all day long. I figure if I can get a kid done a stitching session, this will go quickly. The backstitch is not easy, though, and there is a lot of it. I'm really excited about this chart. I know I keep saying it, but this is probably the one I wanted to start the most out of everything, and now I've done it! Woo hoo!

Today starts "Sugar Plum Fairy by CCN. I've already decided this will be finished into a cube, which I'll put under the cross stitch tree next year, along with some other Christmas finishes, so that they'll look like Christmas gifts. I think it will be a cute way to display them, and, if I set my mind to it, it's not that hard to finish. I already have the fabric for finishing this one.

Well, have to go. I will try to get on tomorrow to post. I have the day off, but I'm not sure. I plan to be busy--I'll be at the laundry mat, washing comforters, and then going to try to get most of the Christmas decorations taken down and put away--not looking forward to that. I did finish taking the cross stitch tree down last night. It was much easier to pull apart than to put together. I appreciate that. Maybe they realize no one wants to fool around, putting the decorations away. Meari had asked for photos of my model horses, so I will try to post some snaps of those before I put them away, as well.

Otherwise, have a great Thursday!

6 comments:

Julie M said...

Reindeer boy is caute! Yuck on all the backstitching though.

riona said...

Now that is a pretty impressive start ... just how many children are in this pageant, anyway?

Julie said...

Cute start!

Lizzy said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind and lovely wishes, Rachel! You've made a wonderful start on your Crazy January Challenge and I'm looking forward to following along as you stitch towards your goal!

Wishing you much love and joy, good cheer and a warm hearth, blessings abounding and loads of peaceful stitching thyme in the New Year...
Blessings always in stitches...

Pumpkin said...

Cute! You did get a lot done :o)

Great idea about the cubes!

Elaine said...

Reindeer boy is so cute Rachel!
Good luck with your other challenges.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls