Followers

10 January 2011

Day 9: Patriotic Sheep Start


The camera battery recharged, so here is a posting of my Day 9 progress. This is stitched on Bay Rum something fabric with Crescent Colours and DMC floss. I am pretty tickled with myself for how I handled the sun with the CC floss. I was pretty careful to keep the dark gold in the middle and at the bottom, with the lighter being more of the outer rays. I wanted some symmetry on this one. Perhaps I may end up running out of a color for my efforts, but I liked how it turned out. I'm pretty happy with the progress. I got a lot done, considering that we left in the middle of the day to go have Left-brain's birthday and didn't get back from that til 10. I have high hopes that this will stitch up quickly. This is why I chose small projects; I figure that a lot of progress, seeing things visibly take shape after a day of stitching helps keep my interest. It will offset the distress I know I'll feel when I stitch on something all day and just have an eyeball completed.

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

You got a lot done on this one :o)

Carol said...

I enjoyed looking back through the photos of your challenge postings, Rachel! Such a nice variety--I think the Sugar Plum Fairy is my favorite so far :)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls