Followers

10 April 2014

Getting there



More progress photos on "Giving Us Spring".  It's almost finished, and has been a really fun stitch. The colors are really pretty, the 200-level purples and 3838-3840 blues, which are my favorite shades of DMC.

Big news in our world: We are starting to get our house ready to put on the market. We love our house, but we've outgrown it. Someone Small needs a real yard to play in where she isn't 15 feet from a busy street. Our hope is to stay in the county, since we love our life here. But we'll see. And I'm hoping someone wants our house; it's a good starter home, it has stood us well in this first part of our marriage, and it's really a pretty, calming house inside. I have always loved how the skylights throw this amazing soft light into the rooms, and I hope someone else can see that.  Keep your fingers crossed we can find a buyer.

So this means boxing up our life, which is a daunting proposition. Most of my stuff is still in boxes from moving in, but what isn't . . . ugh. Left-brain asked me to keep out only enough of my stitching stuff to fit in one box, but what if we don't sell the house for a while?  And what about toys? What about the pictures of Someone Small. I probably have mentioned this before, but we didn't take a lot of pictures of us growing up, and what we took, we rarely got developed, and I LOVE being able to see my little girl's face, knowing she'll have pictures from her babyhood. And I know that they'll still be there in the storage unit, but it's not the same as having them there to look at over my shoulder. But I know it is how it has to be to sell this house.

And I do worry, what if no one wants our house? The neighbor had his house for sale for 6 months with no interest. I don't know if it was just because their house was very customized to them (red walls, and black countertops and cabinetry in a small model, very claustrophobic) or if people just don't want to live here. I don't want to put my life on hold forever.

So that's that. I am going to put it in God's hands that we find a place to call home. Hopefully, if it's meant to be, it will happen.  

2 comments:

sharine said...

Good luck with it all:)

Shebafudge said...

Good luck with selling and moving! We moved 12 years ago this year and I can't imagine leaving this house EVER. Hope you find a similar place :)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls