Followers

26 April 2009

Where did spring go?






Hopefully this works. I'm too hot and too tired at this point to fight this computer.

At some point over the weekend, we lost spring here in the Mid-Atlantic. We're in August right now. To celebrate, we cooked out last night. Eastern Shore ribs and chicken with asparagus and a green salad, as well as fruit salad for dessert. I went a little crazy with the fruit, I have to admit. I wanted to get some, as I am on a new doctor-recommended diet that relies heavily on fruit and vegetables, and there are times when all the fruit we have in the house is whatever flavor is in our candy stash. Of course, I tend to go a little overboard, and spent 2 weeks' food budget on kiwis, mangoes, bananas, and asparagus. Oh, we're eating it all. Trust me! If I can't go to the craft store til the 14th, we're gonna eat every but-sour kiwi (they were not ripe) I brought home. Anyway . . .

We're trying to conserve electricity, so aren't turning on the AC. SO is holed up in the mancave, which we didn't use all winter because it was too cold, now it's perfectly, delightfully cool. And I'm sitting here, stitching an afghan. No wonder they say this is a winter project. I just have two more kitties to do and it's done. And I can move on to the other small projects I have lined up.

I may end up taking a break this week on it, because my friend Nancy asked for help centering lettering on her current WIP. Nancy is one of the ladies I roomed (and had happy hour) with at Sue Hillis' get-together and is SO MUCH FUN. She needed help with this. And it's just lettering. PIECE OF CAKE.

Let me run for now. It's so muggy in the computer room, I'm melting.

5 comments:

Daffycat said...

Rachael, your kitten afghan looks fantastic! I hope you can get it finished before it is sweltering outside!

Kathy A. said...

lovely progress on that afghan. I see a Happy Dance in the near future. I hope you two don't melt LOL!

Annie said...

The kitties are so adorable. What a great job.

Sweating away here in Bethesda too!

Meari said...

It was a bit muggy here in the Midwest over the weekend. Tornado watches, too! Your afghan looks great... only a bit to go. Good luck with the lettering. :)

CindyMae said...

the kitty's are looking so adorable! Only two to go, wow . . . your almost there!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls