Followers

03 January 2010

A grateful and happy new year

I hope 2010 is treating everyone well so far. I've been crazy busy this weekend. Worked New Year's Day and today. Last year, I would have complained about having to work, but this year, I'm not going to complain. I've resolved to be more grateful this year, and part of that is not complaining about having two jobs, when there are people who can't find one job. Besides the people this weekend were nice; my job is a pleasure and a joy when I get a weekend like that.

Anyway, I know I posted about would I be able to finish Boo Club before midnight on December 31st. I was not able to do so. We didn't realize how early dinner was, and so I didn't stitch on it anymore on Thursday. When we got home from the party, it was 1:30 and I had to be up at 8. So I took it work with me on Friday. And got this accomplished:



It's all finished but the buttons. I'll put those on another day. So, to me, it's finished. Woo hoo!

Today, I pulled this out and finished it. I think it's by Sunflower Seed. It was in my mom's basement and I found it there in October. I didn't do very much and then put it aside. I think there was more to it. Probably a tin or something like that that my mom wanted and gave me the kit part. I'll make it into a teacup pincushion. I can't think of what else to do with it.



Lastly, I finished this three weeks ago. It's a Pine Mountain Pillow kit my Secret Sister got me last fall. It was a fun stitch.




I also started Kingdom of the Ice Dragon as my New Year's Day stitch. I hope to have it finished before the fair. I will post when I have more than a dozen stitches in it. As for right now, I'm off to work on Summer Ball.

12 comments:

Julie M said...

Congrats on the finishes!

Terri said...

Wonderful Finish Rachel. Cannot wait to see your new start

Blu said...

Congrats on all your finishes! Boo Club looks great and the other too are really cute~

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great HD to start the New Year, it's lovely.

Stitchabilities said...

Well done on your finishes they all look fab!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the finishes! They look great.

Annie said...

Boo Club looks fabulous, and who is going to worry about a few days 'late'?

Teacup pincushion... cool idea. Haven't tried one of those.

Adorable little pillow too.

Looks like you are starting the new year in fine stitchy fashion!

Bette said...

The Pins and Needles will be an adorable teacup. And the Lizzie Kate is really cute. Love what you had to say about being grateful.

Suzanne said...

Nice looking finishes!

I bet that pins and needles design would be cute on the top of one of those round chipwood boxes that you can get at Hobby Lobby. I used to put stuff on those all the time.

Good New Years Resolution too...

Carol said...

Yay! You did it, Rachel--I love seeing your finished Boo Club. It really makes me smile :)

Meari said...

Nice stitching! Happy 2010 :)

Kathy A. said...

Great finishes there girl! Nice finish on your LK especially.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls