Followers

14 January 2010

not one stitch

Figures . . . I had great S.E.X., but did not stitch.

It was a busy day. I went to church last night for the Eucharistic services--we've sort of come to an agreement that this is the best service for me to come to, especially in the winter, because my church is near my office (though you wouldn't know it by the fact that, in rush hour traffic, it takes 30 minutes to go two exits down), and there is not an Episcopal church close to the house. I thought long and hard, even considered changing to another denomination, but, after some soul-searching, I realized I joined the Episcopal church because I felt at peace there, I joined my church because I feel joy there, and joining another sect for convenience is not the way that I want to go. But it means that I don't get to go to church often, and, between work and the weather, it's been a while since I had the chance to go. Anyway, I went last night and was glad I went.

After that, I went to visit my father in the rehab center. He's doing well. They are working to get him in much better shape, even other parts than his hip. He said he was sore because he was doing exercises for his shoulders yesterday. He didn't seem to mind though. He has a beard that he has been growing that he claims he won't cut til he's off the walker. I told him that this would be a hairless wedding, and if HTB isn't going to have a beard and moustache (and it's killing me, because he looks so handsome with facial hair), he can't have one either. Seriously, when he was in the hospital, he told them he would do whatever it took to get to the point he could walk me down the aisle in October. I'm touched by that.

Needless to say, it was pretty late when I got home, so we watched Bear Grylls and I read Harry Potter for a while. Bear Grylls personally has done more to dissuage me from travelling anywhere than anything else on TV. Watching him eat gnarly things--last night, he ate a rat, and I learned rats retain more of the nutrition when you roast them whole, good to know if I'm ever in a survival situation--helps my diet. Although, to his credit, thanks to the show last week where he gave himself an enema, yelling, "for England"--another survival note: if you can't drink water, the best way to get hydrated is to give yourself an enema, just try not to do it on cable TV--the whole time has given me a new perspective on the Polar Bear Plunge I am doing in two weeks. If he can self-administer an enema for the betterment of his viewers, and not die of embarrassment, I can stride forward into icy cold waters for charity. And you know I'm going to yell, "for England" when I do it!

I spent this morning going through tote bags in my sewing room closet. I pulled out a couple UFOs, including Sheepish Designs "Betsy." I love that chart, and I may put her as my stitching project to finish during February. I also found a couple of kitted-up freebies to add to the pile, so it was a good effort.

Now to just get time to stitch.

2 comments:

Siobhán said...

LOL! My husband loves Bear Gryllis but I can't watch him. I managed to sit through one show of him in Ireland, gutting a dead sheep and wearing it, then using it as a pillow/flotation device to get across a lough. The thing of it is, I don't know of (m)any places in Ireland that are so far from civilization that would require any of this.

Glad to hear your dad is getting better!

Pumpkin said...

ROFL! That's what I'm watching as I read your Blog :o) I can't imagine being married to a man that will drink his own pee :oP

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls