Followers

02 November 2010

Halloween has come and gone . . .

Thank you all for visiting my blog and for participating on Sunday's SAL. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed myself. I am slowly relearning what it means to have free time--for over a year, I might have had free time, but it wasn't really free time to relax. There was always wedding stuff swirling around in my head. It was so nice to sit with a glass of iced tea this weekend and stitch, guiltlessly. I could get used to this. I even did a load of laundry, just because!

I do think I am going to turn the SAL into a weekend thing next year. I've started a tradition that I don't work Halloween. It started because I have a major phobia of driving when children are out, but I really want to enjoy the day. So next year, it would be a three day weekend for me. Woo hoo. But I know that others don't do this, so it seems like a weekend long SAL would work out better, and maybe let people see some progress that a day won't give them. I'm working that out.

I have big plans for Halloween next year. I realized our porch is not well-lit, so next year, I am budgeting to rim the yard with jack o lanterns and cute signs. It's going to be a large crafting endeavor, but I'm willing to scale back in other areas. Of course, that's going to require better candy--you can't have a billboard bigger than the store, LOL, but we will work on it. This will happen!

I'm finishing up All Hallows Evening today. I'm still trying to figure out how to finish it--it's too big for an ornament on 28 count. I can't find fabric I like to make it a stand up. Maybe a box? I don't know. I'll have to think about this. I will post a photo when I'm done.

I hope everyone has plenty of good left-over Halloween candy to tide them over. We are enjoying Kit-kats and Reese's today. Yummy!

2 comments:

riona said...

It was fun and I am glad I got my M Designs WIP,Winifred Witch, done in time to hang on my Halloween ornament tree if only for one evening. I am still working on Fleur de Boo from Ink Circles ... but though the finished product will be cute enough,especially if I finish it the way it was done in the JCS, with ball fringe ... the stitching itself is ever so boring ... repeating the same very simple design four times with slight variations in color.

imnverted said...

I had a good time, when I was able to stitch. Got trick/treat duty again this year (walking the kid around). Not sure how this always happens...

Love your finishes for the SAL and I will be ready for the weekend long one for next year!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls