Followers

19 November 2010

Hap'nings in Crazyville

Yesterday started the whirlwind season in Crazyville. This is a man-made whirlwind, LOL.

I mailed my finsihing off with great hope to the finisher. That was an adventure. My car is the mostly aptly named vehicle on the face of the planet: Trouble. I have problems with idiot lights on the dash going off, and of course the car is off-warranty. The tire pressure warning light comes on with great regularity, and does not go off til I put air in. Suffice it to say, living in the country where our temps go up and down like crazy, that light goes on all the time. It's not a particular tire that does this; it's all of them, when the weather sharply changes, the pressure goes up and down. All cars do it, but they only recently started putting this light in them. Apparently, the solution is to park it in the garage. I wouldn't know what that would be like, and we use our garage for storage. I've gotten really good at putting air in the tires, and I hate it. That light was on when I got in the car yesterday. I didn't have time to take it to the gas station for air, and I know the tires are not flat, so I drove it to the bank and then to the PO.

I got to the post office, and the people at my PO are wonderfully sweet folks. I got up to the counter and realized I didn't have the finisher's address. So I had to run back to the house, get it, write it on the label that the postmaster thoughtfully gave me, then run back to the post office, and mail it off. I am so hopeful to see how those ornaments turn out after the bustling trip I had to make.

Then, when I got back to the house, I decided to check the air pressure in the tires. It was down, but the tires aren't flat. That stupid light comes on when they're 25% under-inflated. Left-brain said he doesn't understand the point of that light because it happens and the tires reinflate while you're driving. I guess it's some government rule that it has to be on there because people were experiencing blowouts. It causes us much frustration, and you bet that I'm going to voice my extreme frustration when I take it in to the dealer. I did put air in the tires before going to the theatre last night.

Anyway, last night was my first night of work during the run of our holiday show at the theatre. I love the Christmas season at the theatre anyway, because we get so many children and I love how excited they get. They have such a pure enthusiasm and are so happy to be there, it really is a honor that they've chosen to make us part of their holidays. This year, they're extra-enthusiastic. We're doing Annie, which I have been looking forward to since the season was announced. When I was little, I adored Annie, after seeing the movie on vacation. I wanted to be Aileen Quinn; I had a head up on everyone else, having short, curly, reddish hair and freckles. I used to sing "Tomorrow" for my family; I think that was where they first figured out I could actually sing REALLY well. I had the locket; oh, man, little girls all thought we were something special if we had an Annie locket. I'm now on the quest for an Annie locket, LOL. So, for the next 7 weeks, it's going to be hectic at the theatre, but it's a good hectic! It's a joyful hectic.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm a big 'Annie' fan too (I'm sure my name has something to do with that). I remember taking my mother to see it at the Kennedy Center for Mother's Day one year. It was the only time she went there. It was hard to get her to do things as she got older, but we both really enjoyed that day!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I know about the tire pressure light. Mine is on right now. LOL I know you will have a great time at the Theater !! Kids are Christmas !

riona said...

Not an Annie fan myself ... but it was lovely to read about your childhood memories.

I look forward to seeing all the finished ornaments when they are returned to you ... make sure you post photos.

Sharon Crescent said...

Hi Rachel,

I just had the same problem with my tires. The technician told me that alot of cars (including mine) have the spare attached and that the computer sensors include the spare as well. Just to let you know..
Sharon C

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls