Followers

11 November 2010

Just call me a trendsetter

I'll explain in a second. Here are some stitching updates. I am so grateful to have so much stitching time. My work environment changed to working at home unless we want to come into the office and, between the 2 hour commute one way and the cold in the morning, I have been working from home mostly. Not only am I a happier person, and one who is more invested in my home life, since I'm actually THERE, and I'm able to do more around the house, like plan a meal that doesn't involve a drive-thru, and clean, but I have more stitching time. Left-brain is a lot happier too; a lot of the work was falling on his shoulders and that wasn't fair, but we also have time to enjoy each other's company. Even Caesar is happier; I went into the office one day this week, and he was so bummed when he watched me leave.

But my stitching is really picking up. Those four hours extra a day are making such a difference. I love it!

I had not posted a photo of the finished Halloween Costume. The fabric looks greyer in this picture than in regular light; it's a beautiful bright blue. I'm going to finish it simply and hang it on the Halloween tree, which is still out so I can finish this stuff up and hang it. I wouldn't invest in the Weeks if I were stitching this again. It's so little and the expense is really not worth it.




My progress on the Van Tassels' farmhouse. I've been working on the roof, mainly because I'm so nervous about the color difference between the skeins being obvious. I think it's OK. It just looks like a very weathered farmhouse roof.


Last is my progress on Spooky Time, a freebie by Lavendar Wings. This is my trendsetting moment. I pulled this for my Halloween SAL project, and someone on 123 wanted it yesterday. I decided it was time to start it. I had to frog some last night, but it's a fun little band sampler.


I did have to change a bit of how I planned to stitch it, It's charted for hand-dyes, but I am a bear about using those up. I am afraid they won't make them anymore and I won't have them. So I never use from my core stock of colors. I did purchase a single skein of Trick or Treat to do the portions that called for that, as there is no DMC equivalent. I thought I'd have the DMC at home to use. Last night, I pulled it all out and didn't have any of the colors I needed. So I had to use the Weeks. I'm happy I did, to be honest. I love the way the Trick or Treat is turning colors, and Squash is such a welcoming yellow. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I even found a source for the little ghost charm that will go on the finished piece

1 comment:

kimstitch3 said...

love your cute little finish and your current wips.Keep up the good work,Kimberly

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls