Followers

22 October 2007

Making MASSIVE progress on my Sleepy Hollow



I have made great strides on this chart this weekend. I took it to work with me on Saturday, and I worked on the little flaming pumpkin of death in between performances. My boss is OK with it; he plays online games when we're not busy, and he remembers how, when I was interning there, we couldn't do anything and just had to stare out across the road while we were waiting for people to show up to the plays. The other guy I work with was really interested in it, but he thought that I was looking at the picture and picking it off. The box office is not the best place to work on this, though, but I've had more time there than anywhere else this week.

I realized on the way home that I had worked a 56 hour week this week, so I decided yesterday that all I was going to do was stitch. And I did. I wasn't out of my jammies til 5 last night, and I just laid on the couch and worked on this. I did stop to double check my alignment because I didn't want that to be messed up. But it worked up pretty quick.

This chart is not hard. It looks much more difficult than it is. I love how it's looking. This should be so fun to finish

And I heard from my finisher this morning. she found snowman print flannel. There weren't many snowflake prints to choose from, but this should work. I just want this finished. That will be one more fair entry ready to go for next year. I am starting to think I won't have a lot of things ready for the fair. I realize that is silly at this point, since the fair is what, 9 months from now? But this isn't like photography, you don't just whip a bunch of pics out in 6 days.

Anyway, that is for another day's worrying. Today I am just gonna admire my own work.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Wow! That's progress! Now you're making me want to take out my pattern and start stitching :oS

Btw, "great" photography does not suddenly appear. I can take about ten pictures and they might all be trash but there are other times when all it takes is one shot :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls