Followers

19 October 2007

Random off-topic thoughts for an October Friday

http://www.x-entertainment.com/halloween/2007/october1/

I haven't stitched much today, but thought I would post a link to this site. I found it last year, and it was pretty amusing, just one guy who LOVES him some Halloween. He has some good posts. Just remember there is some cursing on it. There, I warned you, you know now, if he utters a curseword and you read it, don't get mad at me.

So enough of that.

I finally realized why clowns with chainsaws are the ultimate in Halloween spooky. We were reasoning this out last night. People think I am wierd because I am afraid of clowns in general, but put them in a Haunted Forest, and that is just my idea of hell. People doubt me til they experience the phoenomena with me. I have jumped hurdles with people attached with a deftness that would make Carl Lewis proud.

First of all, it's that floaty hair. I don't like men with floaty hair, or tight curly hair for that matter. It's a personal choice, I don't like it. Then we have the makeup issue and the lack of eyebrows. The ones who whiteout their eyebrows are terrifying--globs of makeup caked in the hair. I think that insults the makeup artist in me. And it's frankly frightening. Then they don't talk, or when they do, it's in a silly voice. You're an adult in floaty hair, cakey makeup, get some pride, TALK IN A NORMAL VOICE. But then again, the It clown talked in a normal voice and that is the reason why I hate clowns. Tim Curry RUINED clowns. But this is why clowns with chainsaws are terrifying. You can't reason with them; a man who ain't afraid to appear in public in makeup, and can run in big shoes with a powertool probably isn't going to debate with you, especially if he ain't talking, just yelling, "ARRRGH" at you in the dark. I always say I could run a marathon if I have a clown chasing me.

Please don't take offense if you like clowns, are a clown, or love a clown, it's just frightening to me.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

I'm sorry Rachel but I had to laugh at this! I LOVE horror movies but I never invisioned a clown with a chainsaw. I guess I'm pretty numb to it all. Having a Freddy Kruger poster on my wall growing up probably had something to do with it ;o) LOL!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls