Followers

23 May 2008

The car is packed,

the needles are threaded, CD player has a good CD in it, I am on my way to get cake and liquor in 10 minutes, I have way more projects in the car than I can possibly do, SO told me I was cute and sent me a cute pic of himself, I even have a simply adorable hat for the tea party. I would say I am ready to go. Wouldn't you?

Of course I need to find a memory card for the digital camera. I'll stop at Walmart on the way down.

I was digging through my box of finished projects last night. I found some stuff to finish. Mostly old stuff, I have to say. But it needs to be done. I am only completely bummed about one project, Midsummer Night Designs Mistress Prim and Proper, because it has a couple little schmutzy (Pennsylvania Dutch word) places on it, that I am afraid to wash because I stitched it with Vikki Clayton silks back when they weren't colorfast and it already did run a little in one place. I don't want to mess it up any further. I think I may just frame that as a lesson learned. It's still amazing and HUGE. Besides, it's not necessary to be clean to last; someone once pointed out to me once that girls in the past times weren't working in a sterile environment and their stuff lasted. If it doesn't, well Darwin works for more than just people, LOL.

I am not going back to Kentucky, at least not right now. I found that out yesterday. To be honest, it's OK. When I found it out, the tension headache I've had since Monday went away. I am going to relax and enjoy getting ready for the fair. I just took June 13th off work--it's payday and therefore the best day to haul my cookies over to my LNS and get this started. I even have TWO $5 off coupons for there. Woo hoo! Don't know when I'll get to Hobby Lobby now, though, cause I am not doing another drive to a place that has a HL like I did when I went to Virginia Beach. It was 4 hours and lots of gas to get there, and I am not doing that this year. NO WAY. I think I can check Kohls and see what they have--they always have pretty interesting things there and great sales. I ought to be able to find a usable frame, right?

2 comments:

LoriRay said...

I am sooooooo envious! Hope you have a blast! :-)

Pumpkin said...

Have an awesome time Rachel!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls