Followers

06 May 2008

One More Post and I'll leave you alone

Lisa's blog references telling 7 quirky facts or habits about yourself. I thought it would be fun for me to tell mine. I can't come up with seven, though, so I guess six is OK:


1. At one point, I was a legend with my college police department for offering to show one of the officers the biggest set he'd ever seen. Now, before you think I was a drunken pervert, it was part of a self-defense class. Being compliant was one of the tools that our UKPD cop/instructor taught us. The other girls were afraid to say anything like that, because they were afraid that the cop would think badly of them. I just wanted to see if it would work. He said it would have worked, except I was resisting, and you're not supposed to entice and resist like I was. But I got out and then I kicked the crap out of him. A few days later, my friend, who was dating a police officer, asked me if I offered to show anyone the girls lately--they were talking about me. All I can say is that I learned a lot in that class.

2. I believe in ghosts. I've had experiences with ghosts. I often wonder if, when the dogs start randomly barking and staring at corners, if they are seeing ghosts who just choose not to make themselves known to the rest of us (Schipperkes were burned at the stake as witches' familiars, and I've heard a lot of people say their Schips are sensitive--you decide).

3. I have never seen the Princess Bride. I never intend to. People try to trap me into seeing it. It never works. I have no desire to see that movie.

4. I am addicted to Law & Order. I love that show. There are so many good episodes. I never get tired of it.

5. My high school class had 69 students in it. I wanted to go to a large state school, out of state, so that I could start fresh and not know anything about anyone I went to school with. Wouldn't you know it, in the class after me, TWO people enrolled at the school. 50 states in which to go to college, and they come to MINE? I didn't even go to a school high on the list of places people in my county went to.

6. I can not stand having long fingernails. If they are over my fingertip for longer than a week, we have a problem. I don't know how other women do it. I can't. And as for those superfancy, super-intricate designs on all five nails. NOT HAPPENING. I can barely sit still for the hour it takes to do the fill and polish. Anything extra and I would have a meltdown.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for shareing! I too belive in ghost. Long story short we grew up with a ghost in our house. I think I might take your idea and post 7 things about me on my blog.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls