Followers

30 May 2008

The Tree is DONE

I finished the Christmas tree on my lighthouse stocking this morning. Woo hoo! Happy dance with me. All I have left now is to finish the snow and the little dove and the anchor. And most of the backstitch.

I really need to start finishing some UFOs. I may dub this as the Summer of UFOs--I mean, seriously, people do see more of them in the summer anyway, so it's not that far off--and just get some things finished, or if not finished, at least progressing decently. I am far behind in my Bride's Tree SAL, which is fine because I am not getting married soon. Not that I blame SO--he was trying to help out my mom, per my batted eyelash request, by mowing the lawn at her rental house. The house sits on a hill with a steep slant, and he fell and jammed his wrist. Now I don't know whether I should offer him the brace from when I broke, oops, just sprained (the most painful sprain EVER) my hand, or ask him if he fell down the hill and rolled into traffic. Before you start laughing, growing up, this was always the reason we were told my parents moved from that house, they were afraid of my brother rolling into traffic. My brother is not the kind of person who would have done something like that, but I was, so I guess it's good they moved, because I grew up in a perfectly flat yard and made it to almost 32. Though, when you think about it, they were a lot closer to the ER there . . . Anyway, he has to have his hand recover, so no marriage soon, no need to finish them all, though I do feel like a tremendous deadbeat.

I did, however, organize all my lovely finishing fabric last night. I must say, I have IMPECCABLE taste in finishing fabric. I found a lovely yellow plaid that was just sweet that I had forgotten I bought. But then, it was in Virginia Beach, so no wonder. Now to find something to finish with it . . . So I am pretty proud of myself, but I better get a finishing because I can see this fabric stash growing out of hand, and it's not like I can do anything else with it until I get a sewing machine. Even then, there isn't enough to really MAKE anything with. So must get a stitchin. And stop stitching large pieces that take too much time and bore me.

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on your finish!

Fabric stash is almost as addictive as stitchy stash, isn't it?

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls