Followers

04 May 2008

Lot of good stitching time this weekend

I need to learn my limits, because it is really not a good idea for me to consume one of those bottled mocha frappacinos at 9 PM, then get absorbed into the movies on USA. You would think that, since I have to have at least two servings of caffeine to keep away migraines, and I only had two on Friday, that the caffeine in the drink would be OK. WRONG WAS I! I ended up being awake til 3 AM, watching 40 Year Old Virgin and then Varsity Blues (if you've seen this movie and like the raunchiness of it, which I do, don't bother watching on regular TV, because they cut out everything remotely raunchy. Who lets their impressionable child up at that hour? Heck, they took out Tweeter's whole role.). Then I was up at 9 AM yesterday, thanks to the cat (for once the dogs were as tired as me), so I was stitching on 6 hours of sleep. Anyway, I digress . . .

The wakefulness did enable me to get some substantial work done on my stocking. I have about half the tree finished now. It was not easy. They used 9 shades of green, a lot of which were dark, and not easy to work with on the black fabric. Hopefully, I'll have this done in the next two weeks. I'll have to think about doing such an intricately shaded design on black, if I do another one like this. All the other SC I have kitted up are on light colors, so way better to deal with.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Yup, caffeine will do that! You're lucky you weren't bouncing off the walls ;o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls