Followers

07 May 2008

I have a financial happy dance to share

My decision to go on the wagon has had some financial rewards for me and I am pretty proud of myself for them.

I paid the CC I usually use to purchase stash online today. I realized I haven't used it in over 2 months. I don't think I've gone 2 months without using it in 3 years. I have a full cart at 123, don't get me wrong about that, but I haven't used that card, and I kinda decided , if I am going to empty my cart, why not just use my check card and not pay interest on it? But I'm trying to be good, because who knows what's going to happen in the future, and I am trying to get into real estate. I want my own property, that I get all on my own, without anyone's help. I've been looking at websites for houses in Kentucky, and they are SOOO cheap, at least by East Coast standards. It's a choice, credit cards or a piece of ground all my own, where I can run around the back yard if I feel so inclined. Not that I would, but it's all about OPTIONS! And I do have to admit, it's kinda cool to watch the minimum payment drop month to month. Frankly, the CC bills seem to be the only expenditure dropping, LOL.

And it's not like I don't have plenty to stitch. Sandy of Sanman posted some of the old freebies (forgive me if I mentioned this) in the Secret shop and it was a chance for me to get the ones I missed. I don't consider that a big expense, not at $1 a piece. I started Pumpkitty yesterday--he's so cute! I also have Boo Kitty and Kitty Magic to do. I found a really nice piece of fuschia (not a wierd fuschia, a usable) Silkweaver solo that I bought back when they used to sell them as Dutch auctions on Ebay. By the way, people who run Silkweaver, if you read blogs, that was a really kick butt thing you used to do, and it would be super-cool if you would start that up again. Just a suggestion! Anyway. So I think Kitty Magic would look good on that, trying to decide if I want to make the kitty white or black. White would pop against the fabric. Boo Kitty will be on black, and I am making the kitty black. Maybe make the ghost glow in the dark. I don't know yet. OHHH, and I found another solo that would work great for Snow Penguin! One of my favorites! It's blue and purple-y, sorta like they are enjoying their snowman in the dusky times in winter. And the fabric was in my stash! So bonus!

3 comments:

~Julie~ said...

Well I happen to be very proud of you for the whole wagon thing, Rachel. I've never understood that phrase though--although I wish I did. lol But I get the "basic idea" of what it is..and I think it is awesome that you found the perfect fabby for your Snow Penguin piece. =) I would like to see your progress on it!

I really like penguins too! There was a beanie baby penguin that was adorableeee in Walgreens tonight when I filled my scrips--but I behaved and left him sitting there. LOL

Anyway-- :: applause :: good job, Rachel!


~Julie~


~Julie~

Pumpkin said...

Good for you!!!!

LoriRay said...

Rachel - I am so happy for you! Congrats! The wagon will have me as a passenger soon. (Been sayin' that for how many months now?) hahahahaha

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls