Followers

09 September 2008

Does anyone read French

I got my cow pocket last night. I happy danced, until I realized the directions were in French. Even the measurements were in French, well, metric measurements.

I have spoken French since I was 8. I was bi-lingual by the time I was in high school. I was put in a junior level French lit class my first semester of college. I've read Voltaire in the original French.

I can not read these directions.

It shows how to lay out the charts on the fabric. You would think I would have had enough experience reading French to understand what the HECK is going on. Well, somewhere in my French studies, between learning about Haiti (but not learning how to speak patois), learning how wild the French were for jeans, and memorizing large portions of Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme, I missed the section on translating French cross stitch instructions.

I'll figure it out if I have to use Google translater to do it. This will have to be finished, and I don't think any finisher I know is quite skilled enough to both finish and translate French.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

The French language can be so different from place to place. I can 'try' and help if you want :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls