Followers

28 September 2008

The dreaded time had come

to go through the stuff I got out of the car and throw it out or organize it. The pitbulls were loving smelling all the bags, and SO was getting frowny face going over the amount of stuff, so I decided to go through and get rid of things. It only took me about two hours to get the boxes neat. I still don't have a car, though we've found the one we want. It just has to go through inspection and I have to get financed (which should be better now that Congress is passing the bail-out and I am not asking for as much. I will not, however, be asking the prior lender for money). But I am hopeful. Except I can't find my certificate of title, so am going to have to go to the MVA before I get the check to payoff the Neon. I don't guess I'm quite as sad anymore, or angry. I just have to take time off work to go deal with this, and that's kinda annoying me--I want to use my vacation time to lie on a beach and drink a beverage with an umbrella, not stand in line to get a duplicate cert of title, which I know I'll find the next time I am at Mom's house. Anyway, cross your fingers that I get financed for this car.

And I have to make this statement. How on earth did I spend $92 on floss in one trip and yet still can not find a skein of DMC 920 in my stash? I dug through my bags of floss from the car, and I don't have that color. I'm going to go to the craft store tomorrow evening after I sign some papers at the insurance company offices, but it just kills, because I know I have that color. Oh, well.

I spent some time this afternoon working on my project for my exchange partner in the HalloFall exchange. I bought a little paper box the other day at Michael's and painted it black, then sponged in some orange. I got some stamps too, and there is a trail of kitty pawprints up the back, and "trick or treat" on the front. I think what I'll do is get a plastic trick or treat pumpkin and put some goodies in there along with the box.Maybe a t-shirt or something decorative too. I don't know yet. I have all the stuff to mount the stitching, but SO's drill is not charging, so this may be a problem. But we'll figure it out.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Argh! What pita for you :o( Hopefully you get it done fast and it's painless.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls