Followers

23 September 2008

Stitching as comfort

I got to stitch last night. I am almost finished with my stitching for the box lid. And, thanks to a wonderful person to whom I am so grateful, I can take a pic of it to share. It felt good to stitch, really comforting. I forgot how therapeutic stitching is for me.

I am still waiting to hear from the adjuster on the Neon, but the guy at the auto body said that they probably would total it. I had to go over today to fill out paperwork to let them work on it(why do they make you jump through 19 hoops after an accident? you gotta verbally release your car from the towlot, tell 5 people the same story, drive all over God's green earth, and sign and initial a mountain of paperwork, when the thing you most want to do is run from the room, screaming and waving your arms) and they gave me the license plates and told me to get the reast of my stuff out of it. I am pretty sure that is not a good sign, sorta like when the vet gives you the collar and leash. I had most everything out anyway, all I left in there was a candle, some hair ties, and a couple buttons. I feel so horrible driving away like that. But it is what it is.

I have a nice rental. They gave me a Sebring (you get treated well after an accident, LOL), which is pretty nice. It's one of the cars I am considering buying--after all this, I deserve a little nicer car. Pretty roomy inside, lots of legroom. Appointed like a luxury car. Of course I had check out the trunk. It was very roomy. But looking was not enough. I climbed in the trunk last night. I figured, if it could hold me, it can hold whatever I have to shove in it--dog cages, wheelchairs, boxes of stash. So I did fit, and it was pretty comfortable in there. However, I turned on my side and got stuck. And my mother would not help me out, LOL. She said it was like jail, I get in and out on my own. So it was a couple minutes of effort to get out of the trunk. but i fit in the trunk. This moves it up on the list.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Literally, lol! What an image I have of you kidnapping yourself!

Pumpkin said...

Oh dear :o( Bye, bye Neon. Maybe this will give you a chance to try different cars and see what you like.

I can't believe that you put yourself in the trunk! LOL!

MsB said...

Bwahaha... still laughing, cause you know I can relate. :)

thanks for being my alarm clock.

Muah! Love ya!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls