Followers

04 September 2008

Welcome to the blogosphere

http://blog.suehillisdesigns.net/

Found designer Sue Hillis' blog today. She is one of my favorite designers and is so very talented. Looking forward to seeing more posts from her.

I didn't get a lot of stitching done last night. It was my night to get my nails done, so didn't get home til 7:30. I didn't sit down to stitch til 8, but it was Ghosthunters night, so I had good TV to watch.

I actually laughed out loud. Geisha's backstitching instructions referenced making cording to line the red parts of her kimono. I do not make cording. I don't make it for ornaments, I am not making it to tack onto stitching. NO WAY. I don't think I am good at it and I don't like it. So I backstitched instead. It looks OK, but took a while. I worked on her skirt too. That is some rough going. My poor shredded chart is not holding up well, and the backstitch is over the symbols, so I am just doing it as best I can. It will all meld together in the end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link! I like SH too.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls