Followers

25 July 2010

Enabling Alert

Picture This Plus fabric is having a sale on their hand-dyeds for 36 hours, through tomorrow, July 26th.

25% off.

Their website is www.picturethisplus.com.

This is totally worth abandoning all resolutions to remain S.E.X.-less.


I also picked up the new Cross Stitch and Needlework yesterday.

They have a really nice Glendon Place design for Halloween. And a pretty Autumn village. I'm trying to decide if it would be better stitched on black or on a sky-patterned hand-dyed.

I am trying to stitch. We spent yesterday running. My friend, Samantha, had to pick up her bridesmaid dress. I have to say, it is such a lovely color on her, not blue, not purple. Of course, I ended up wandering around the store, looking at the other dresses, second-guessing my choice. But, in the end, I love my dress; I think it is the dress that is "me", and it's the first dress I put on that I could imagine HTB crying when he saw.

We decided to make a girl's day out of it, since I don't really get too many of those. We headed to downtown Silver Spring, to the Parkway Deli, home of the most awesome matzoh ball soup and steak salad on the planet. Yes, I ate soup on a day where the thermometer in the car read 106. And it was delightful. I told Samantha we are going there the morning of the wedding for breakfast. If it's good enough to be commended by the Food Network, it's good enough for my wedding day! LOL.

Of course we had to follow up a delicious lunch with a trip to the Persian bakery on Rockville Pike, in our round the world trip of culinary delights. Samantha said she didn't really want to go there because she knew she would be tempted. I told her I wanted some cookies from there for the bridal shower if anyone is planning one. I am totally in love with their baklava and we let ourselves be talked into buying some other ones. Yummy yummy yummy. I took them home, and HTB was in heaven. I guess I'm not the only one that finds comfort in cardamom and almond. At least he'll eat them; they are a bit "spendy", but I really wanted a treat.

It was too hot to do much at home, so HTB helped me eat the rest of my salad (and we're going to eat steak salad this week again, I think I could eat tomatoes and blue cheese dressing happily for weeks) and we watched TV.

The next 10 weeks are going to be SO busy, I can see that now. Between finding my wedding ring, getting shoes, meeting with people, remembering who's coming, and getting fitted, it will be a whirlwind. But this is going to be a good time!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Thanks for the enabling, not the fabric but the Cross Stitch and Needlework Magazine LOL. Will check out Borders here in Perth to see if they have it.

Annie said...

Sounds like a fun day, but I can't imagine racing around in all that heat yesterday. Hope you didn't get caught in that awful storm!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls