Followers

12 July 2010

Updated progress

In between organizing this weekend, I stitched.

Like a mug.

Mei Xiang and Tai Shan are getting a bit of a background now. More importantly, Mei Xiang is getting a face. The new photo is not the best, but I think you can see the difference. I'd like to get the background on this side stitched by Wednesday, but I'm not confident about that.

Friday:



Today:


I don't really have high hopes for this piece if it's ready in time for the fair. It doesn't have a highly refined look. It doesn't look as hard as it is to stitch. My stitches are not as neatly formed as I may have wanted. Last year's lions are a far better executed project. But . . . this year, the victory is in completion. If I win anything, it will be a distinct pleasure. Perhaps I'm finally growing up.


Nah . . .

6 comments:

natalysneedle said...

I enjoy viewing your progress on this piece. It really is coming along.

Bette said...

You've made quite a bit of progress on the pandas. Just tell yourself if you love the piece, it shouldn't matter what other people think. I don't stitch for judging because I want to enjoy what I stitch, not agonize over whether it's good enough for someone else. This is supposed to be fun, not work.

Patty C. said...

Looks like a detailed design
I can't wait to see the finish :)

riona said...

No doubt, you are being your own worst critic ... we stitchers tend to be perfectionists and set very high standards for our own work. Even if what you say is true, enjoy the piece for what it is ... an affectionate recreation of a favorite zoo animal.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Looking good. The fun part of doing the fair thing is that you see your work on display with many others and that is worth the finish. When you win, it is more ribbon than the cash prize, it's like a satisfaction in itself. Good Luck.
Be always in stitches.

Pumpkin said...

That is great progress but I can see you doing all you have to to get this done in time for the fair! I love the fabric. What color is it Rachel?

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls