Followers

09 August 2007

Notes from the Fair Prep

I have the cross stitch under control, now I am baking. It is not going well. I don't know what is wrong, but my flour isn't working right. And I got a bad recipe for Cheesie Rice Krispie cookies, because I've misplaced my other one. It didn't work. However, it must be getting better because I just finished my Honey Crunch cookies and they are good. Butterscotch is such a wonderful ingredient to use in recipes becasue it masks inadequacies in other areas. Now, just to go make Oatmeal Butterscotch cookies. They aren't anything fancy, but they are my favorite recipe next to those.

Though I do have to say, my mother is rather dense about cooking. I was holding a cookie sheet that, in temperature, was closely approzimating that of the sun, and she was just standing in the middle of the kitchen. I learned today that oven mitts only protect your fingers for so long.

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls